Our workshops are currently virtual in early 2022 with the goal of in person in fall 2022!
Workshops are among the best training options we offer. Episodic & Pilot Prep were designed to help young actors make significant leaps in their audition technique and get invaluable feedback from our professional community.
Many former Prep students have leading or recurring roles on shows and films such as The Adam Project, The Marksman, SYFY’S Resident Alien, Home Team, Raven’s Home, The Thundermans, Jessie, Lab Rats, Kickin’ It, Austin and Ally and KirbyBuckets. On major networks, you can find other former prep actors on CBS’s Madam Secretary, ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy, NBC’s Splitting Up Together, amongst others.
These workshops are designed to help young actors make significant leaps in their audition technique, get invaluable feedback from our professional community.
We will challenge each young actor to find unique and compelling ways to use their individuality to stand out and make the most of every casting opportunity. During the three day weekend, students will be immersed in audition technique classes and exercises, along with one on one instruction and coaching on their scene.
We begin on Day 1 with a video-taped cold-read of their assigned scene and finish the workshop on Day 3 with a video-taped mock audition of the same scene in front of our industry guests. Immediately after their mock audition, our invited guests will give each participant live feedback and an assessment of their performance and discuss their readiness for the pilot season ahead. You will also receive a video recording of their cold read, final performance and feedback once the workshop is over. We cover:
- Strong Choices for Auditions vs. Performances
- Understanding how the two universes differ
- How to use intelligent risk to create a signature audition
- The difference between sounding like an actor and really acting
- How to put yourself into every role and learning who you are along the way
- When the audition really begins
- Preparation, Entering the Room, Saying Goodbye
- They hire the person, not the performance
- The distinction between the person and the product
- Perfection is not the goal – How your mistakes allow us to love you
- Improvisational Techniques for Exploring The Character Quickly
- Word Game and “Painting the White of the Page” Techniques
- Cold Read Scene Study Techniques for the Audition
- What to do if your audition is put on tape
- How to handle being thrown into a different role at the audition
- Mock Audition Under Realistic Conditions with Detailed Feedback (Comedic & Dramatic)