- This event has passed.
Camp Demo Reel Aug 28-29 & Sept 4-6
September 4 at 8:00 am – September 7 at 5:00 pm PDT
CAMP DEMO REEL is a half virtual, half live, in person two weekend intensive that teaches script and scene preparation, on camera acting technique, how to adjust your performance to the frame, and culminates in filming two scenes – one comedic and one dramatic – for your demo reel. We will provide customized scenes and shoot them with a professional crew and broadcast quality HD equipment.
The first weekend of camp will be VIRTUAL and jam-packed with acting technique lessons, film analysis classes and demo reel scene rehearsals.
WEEKEND TWO: (Labor Day Weekend, 3 days)
The second weekend will be IN PERSON and dedicated to filming your personal demo reel scenes which will premiere on our Vimeo Showcase once our editors have finished post-production. We will also provide you with a copy of your completed reel and if you have other existing footage that you would like to add to make a more comprehensive demo reel, our editors can do that for you for an additional fee of $75/hr.
The first weekend of classes will be virtual so you can work from home. The second weekend, filming will take place in Los Angeles. Location TBD.
– On-Camera Technique: Hitting the marks and blocking for camera
– How to adjust performance for different camera framing (master, close up, two-shot)
– Active Interrogation for Active Listening
– The Discovery Technique and how it works on camera
– Developing a memorable character
– What’s your Story? Making it personal
– Dynamic entrances and exits
– Set Protocol: What to expect on a professional set
– How to make a demo reel dynamic so it stands out
– Plus much more!
|REGISTRATION & CANCELATION POLICY DETAILS:|
Tuition – $1,600
* Yearly Class Subscriptions do apply. 20% off with yearly class subscription = $1,280
To Register, visit secure.johndaquino.net, make an account or sign in and purchase under “workshops”
John D’Aquino’s Camp staff customizes scripts to actors’ individual strengths and professional needs months before camp begins. As a result of this individualized work, we have a strict cancellation policy.
Note: If you have not paid camp in full, the cancellation policy remains in effect and your payment is subject to the same policies listed below.
Within 48 hours of purchase 100% refund
Up to 60 days before camp 50% refund
Up to 30 days before camp 20% refund
Within 30 days of camp, NO refunds will be given