Summer Performance Camp is designed to be a fun and engaging way to help young actors make significant leaps in their on-camera performance and audition technique.
This seven-day camp is jam-packed with acting classes that range from improv to on-camera technique to set protocols, as well as how to create and use industry marketing materials like headshots, resumes and social media. Campers also receive private and small group coaching on their scenes and, on the final day, perform in a showcase for industry guests who will offer live feedback and notes on each performance. Student’s will also receive a video recording of their scene and feedback once the camp is over.
– John’s Magic Rectangle Acting for the Camera Technique
– Magic Rectangle as it applies to the virtual format
– John’s game changing Active Interrogation Acting Technique
– Japheth Gordon’s Improvisational Techniques for Exploring Character
– Mastering Scripted Dialogue – Word Game & Painting the White of the Page
– Industry Marketing Materials & Databases
– What does it mean to bring yourself to the role?
– Audition Preparation and Self Tapes
– Mindset and Movement
– Educational workshops / Q&A for parents
– Casting Director Workshop / Q&A
– Mock Industry Interviews, How to Enter the Room and Say Goodbye